Leading Through Creativity
Enhance organizational innovation and increase profits by encouraging creative thinking. Learn techniques that improve both individual and group creativity.
Organizations that understand the creative process and foster this with employees find themselves at the top of their industry. They know how to harness the creative power of their workforce to develop new products and services. The creative process that leads to this type of innovation is often veiled in mystery and the misconception that one must be gifted to be creative.
, however, is as much a matter of technique as intelligence. In this course, participants will learn a series of individual and group techniques designed to cultivate organizational creativity and the development of new ideas. Participants will learn to enhance their capacity for creative thought and will be able to use their abilities to develop their organization's ability to be innovative, resulting in increased market share and profit. Who Should Take This Course? This course is critical for executives, managers, and team leaders who are responsible for the growth and development of their organization. It is also crucial for any professionals who want to develop and enhance their own creative thought process.
This course can be applied toward the following certificate:
- Executive Leadership for Healthcare Professionals
eCornell takes a problem-based approach to learning, and our courses are built around realistic case studies and scenarios. All courses are self-paced, and are facilitated by an eCornell instructor, who leads the online discussions and is available to answer any questions about the course content.
This course contains the following modules:
Benefits to the Learner
- Developing Your Creativity
- Characteristics of creative people in business environments
- Using visualization techniques for enhancing your creativity
- Techniques for developing creative approaches to business challenges
- Developing Your Organization's Ability to Innovate
- Creative techniques and processes for groups, including some that can be implemented online
- Features that limit an organization's creative potential
- Fostering creativity throughout the organization
Participants who complete this course will be able to:
- Greatly expand their own capacity for creative thought
- Foster creativity throughout a department or organization
- Utilize techniques for developing creative approaches to business challenges
- Identify and overcome features in an organization that limit creative potential
- Recommend steps to foster creativity
Florence Berger, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus
Judi Brownell, Ph.D., Professor
Sponsoring School Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration Total Learning Time Approximately five to six hours over a period of two weeks.