— The eBusiness Technology Specialist program prepares students for a variety of positions in ecommerce enterprises. Program graduates may work in a variety of areas of an organization including, but not limited to, website development, web security, marketing, graphic design, order fulfillment, database management, customer service, web systems management and more. This program blends the contents of three instructional departments: marketing, I.T. and visual communications. You can choose to emphasize the marketing and design aspects of ecommerce or focus on the infrastructure supporting those marketing activities. Students must complete a one-semester qualifying internship for graduation. All courses are delivered online.
— eCommerce is the fastest growing segment of the economy, due to the gains in communications, customer service and the overall speed and efficiency that moving an organization into an ebusiness environment provides. Although evolutionary in nature, it is predicted that “virtual transactions” will quadruple in three years.
Program Learning Outcomes
— Based on courses completed, employers expect graduates to be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer software
- Utilize problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Understand business models underlying electronic commerce
- Research business and consumer markets to create ebusiness marketing strategies
- Track purchases and inquiries
- Design and publish a web page including writing and formatting copy for the document
- Demonstrate proficiency in the programming languages used to develop web pages
- Demonstrate familiarity with operating systems
- Use project management techniques
- Create and use relational databases
- Develop an ecommerce marketing plan
- Provide web customer service
Your success in the program will be improved with proficiency in basic computer skills and familiarity with Internet communications. This program is an ideal choice for individuals who are challenged by the opportunities of a global virtual economy, who embrace change, and are intrigued by technology.
EBusiness Marketing Manager
Web Site Designer