UNE Sport Management
graduates will be prepared for entry-level sport management career opportunities and/or further study at the graduate level. With this preparation comes the skills and ability to serve as an effective leader, passionate about life’s work and making a difference in the lives of those you chose to serve through sport and sport-related programming, e.g., athletic and sports administration, sport marketing and/or merchandising, sport venue and event management, sports information/journalism, etc.
- The Sport Management-Bachelor of Science degree program begins with a commitment to the liberal arts.
- The Sport Management major affords the successful student a minor in Business Administration.
- The Sport Management major encourages all students to maintain a creative and physically active lifestyle, across the lifespan.
- The Sport Management major requires courses across a spectrum ranging from sport management, economics, governance, marketing, administration, law and ethics, and research. See Catalog .
- The Sport Management major requires students to fulfill a significant number of contact hours in experiential learning, after completing the Junior Year. Internships are established working with our Internship Coordinator and “tailored” to meet the career goals of each student.
- Apart from required courses, the Sport Management degree allows student to take a number of elective courses. Informed and supported by your academic advisor (appointed from within the department), each student chooses from a variety of courses offered by the College.