Class Length 1/2 - 1 Day
This course addresses the issues of working smarter by assessing where we spend our time each day. We will identify the factors that affect how we manage our work, time constraints and how to develop priorities with supervisors and employees.
This personalized look at managing work encourages participants to address the habits that limit our creativity and ability to work effectively within the environment.
• How do we manage priorities when they are not our own?
• What is the most important time management function to improve my overall use of time?
• How does goal setting impact managing my day? Month? Year?
• How to have a personal view of your job and the philosophy that is critical for developing a new approach to managing your day.
• How to assess personal motivation and how this impacts your job.
• Talents that may be underutilized which could enhance or improve your use of time.
• Αn assessment of personal time/productivity standards (The Time Mastery Profile).
• To identify how to become “active” versus “reactive” in your workplace.
• Ways to maintain personal power and balance in your workday.
• Four types of work: Crisis, Work-To-Do, Trivia Work, and Time Wasting Work as a part of the “Priorities” category in the Time Mastery Profile.
• The Preparation: Needs assessment, defining objectives, structuring the content, beginning with a BANG!, concluding with conviction
• The Presenter: The good, the bad, and the ugly, roles of presenters, the fear factor, presentation techniques
• Visuals: When to use visuals, types of visuals, design rules, visual techniques
• More on the Use of Visual Aids: The purpose of visual aids and support materials, the best practices when using PowerPoint, tips for effective composition of visual content and speaker aids
• The Audience: The learning process, do you know your audience and their behaviors and communication styles?
• Practice and Coaching: Practice makes perfect!, coaching and feedback