The Fundación Universitaria Iberoamericana (FUNIBER) is framed between the world of distance and attendance education
The three fundamentals ideas are:
* To promote the creation of Distance Learning Masters Degrees and Courses.
* International Cooperation Projects. Research, development and innovation.
* Measured Formation for Enterprises.
Why on line education?
The growing and global presence of FUNIBER is due to a teaching model that promotes the collaboration and cooperation among nations to enrich people formation. This model is the result of more than eight years of experience of FUNIBER teaching graduate distance semi-attending and non attending virtual international projects of cooperation and formation with enterprise. This guarantees a model that supply effective results in relation to the teaching investment assumed versus the return in knowledge formation and personal and organizational learning. All of this because FUNIBER’s educative model guarantees a high quality global formation.
Educative and Pedagogic Innovation
Nowadays the educative model is composed of many educative and pedagogic innovations that make easy and empower a formative process of learn-to-learn in quality learning environment. This causes:
1. To facilitate the contact among students and professors, and between both groups.
2. To promote cooperation and reciprocity; learning as a collective effort.
3. To consider the student as the center of the process in which he or she participates actively.
4. To stimulate and empower the continuous communication and interaction between professors and students.
5. To inculcate that the formation process implies and demands dedication and continuous effort.
6. Use motivation as a constant stimulus so that the student perceives that he or she can reach the learning results expected.
7. Customize learning, keeping in mind the differences between students and their diverse ways of learning.
Traditional and Online Elements
The educative model integrates and complements traditional and online elements:
* printed study material delivered to the student house. The volumes are high quality and its contents are prepared by online education specialists. This guarantee the possibility of study without depending on technology a hundred per cent;
* Virtual Campus where experiences are shared with students of other countries, also have access to FUNIBER’s electronic documents library, where there are hundreds of Thesis made in the universities of the network, and digital documents of great value generated and updated according to developments in each country, university or enterprise. This is complemented with specialized discussion spaces by theme through forums and chat rooms. Together, these are an ideal complement of the compulsory study contents;
* conferences and attending seminars dictated by our visiting professors in order that the student know them and the contact and learning networks are reinforced,
* continuous support with a specific and personal Academic Counselor/Tutor to help and give follow up to the student. In addition to the network of global tutors (our so called Map of Global Knowledge) who are specialized in different themes, making studies fruitful and enriching learning with experiences and international experts; and
* Exams adapted to necessities and formative requirements, could be online, traditional, distance, or even over telephone, what guarantees that the knowledge is assimilated and interiorized according to the pedagogic objectives of every matter and guaranteeing complying with the demands of every country and university in the network.
The educative model was created having in mind our pedagogic experience.
In its online component, which controls a good part of FUNIBER’s educative actions, the educative model tries to promote a comfortable space for the student characterized by:
* elimination of the problems of incompatibility of schedules,
* disappearance of the inconveniences of traveling,
* continuous following of studies through the campus and a personal or curricular agenda,
* adjust the rhythm of studies to interests and daily life (personal, familiar, work) of every student, and
* application of acquired knowledge in a direct way in the work environment.
In its traditional component, which gives strength and distinction to FUNIBER’s educative performances, the educative model tries to give a safe space to the student and not limit to a study sustained by Internet access, characterized by:
* Modeling has been specially made to be applied in education over distance, departing form a very visual design, with a clear and concrete writing style, frequent explaining scenes, highlighting the most important points of each theme personal and in group integrating personal “desk” learning with collaborative virtual learning in the Virtual Campus.
* The documentation follows a logical study order, reason why all the contents are coordinated between them, in a way that the concepts are introduced gradually. At the beginning, the objective is to meet and understand essential concepts and their complex relation to later turn to theory application themes or applied according each theme.
* The personalized consulting allows clarifying the matters that emerges at any point of the list of topics. This consulting allows the student to have attending and non-attending support, making it possible for the student to adjust his or her learning needs to specific consultants.
* Visiting Professors give conferences and seminars in different countries of the network, tightening the contact between countries.