involves applying concepts and practices of computer investigation and analysis to determine potential on-line criminal activity and develop legal evidence. ACE's Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) course will apply hands-on lab work to help students comprehend the processes of detecting hacker attacks and to gather the evidence required to be able to report the on-line crime and potentially take the criminal down for their attack. The class also conducts activities to help secure a network and prevent against network intrusion.
At the end of the class participants will be equipped with the ability to retrace the steps of the hacker, gather the evidence along the path of penetration and prosecute the network intruder.
CHFI Training - Topics Covered:
- Establish and maintain a physical "chain of custody"
- Create and verify forensically sterile examination media
- Create forensic boot diskettes
- Make forensic copies of media
- Find and recover deleted, formatted, hidden, and lost data
- Access e-mail, cache, and other internet related files
- Unlock passwords
- Convert data formats
- Write clear, logical, sound, and easy to understand reports
- Provide opinions regarding examinations