The Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems program is designed to prepare you with the technical and business skills to use technology to help people and organizations as you advance your career in information systems—the fastest growing sector in the economy according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Gain the knowledge to work collaboratively within your organization to analyze and evaluate information processing needs and construct solutions from an ever-changing set of technologies.
Our program blends academic theory with hands-on experience so that you can:
* Acquire the skill set most sought after by today’s information technology managers, including the interdisciplinary skills least likely to be outsourced.
* Gain experience in group analysis and design projects; in communicating effectively with co-workers, employers, and other professionals; and in using specialized information technology tools.
* Work in collaborative distributed teams, the work style of the future.
* Translate your distance learning experience to the workplace and improve your ability to work across organizational, disciplinary and geographic boundaries.
By choosing Walden, you are choosing a rich and engaging learning experience that complements your unique learning style. Whether you prefer text, audio, or video formats, MobileLearnSM allows you to download and access your course content offline and on-the-go, giving your study schedule even greater flexibility.
* Healthcare Informatics
* Human Computer Interaction
* Information Systems Management
* Information Systems Security
* New Media Communication Technologies
* Online Work and Communities
* Participate in a convenient online learning experience that includes multimedia content, systems design and development tools, and online collaboration tools, many of which can be accessed on your home computer or on the road.
* Take more than 70 percent of your courses in business and computer information systems to gain a competitive edge.
* Complete general education courses while you take courses in your major, giving you the opportunity to focus on your interests early in your studies and apply what you learn to your workplace.
* Develop a broad understanding of information systems and strong problem-solving and analytical skills as you build your ability to think creatively and logically.
* Enjoy a more successful experience with our proactive Student Support Team that helps you balance your educational, personal and professional goals.
* Continue your education at an accelerated pace by enrolling in Walden’s Master of Business Administration or the Master of Science in Information Systems Management program in which you may be eligible to waive select courses.
The B.S. in Computer Information Systems program helps you develop a broad understanding of information systems and strong problem-solving and analytical skills. In this program, you will learn to
* Apply fundamental business analysis methods to understand the organizational and economic characteristics of organizations.
* Work ethically and effectively with others to implement new processes and systems in an organization.
* Apply the fundamental concepts of information systems and technology to organizational and societal priorities.
* Model real-world situations for information systems support.
* Work with stakeholders to ensure that specification, design, and implementation of information systems meet their needs.
* Analyze the ethical, legal, and social impact dimensions of your work.
* Apply best practices to manage information systems projects and programs.
* Reflect thoughtfully on personal goals within a dynamic and evolving profession.