Walden’s Master of Information Systems Management program is designed to prepare you with the technical and business skills to advance your career in information systems—the fastest growing sector in the economy according the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Gain the knowledge and experience you need to assume a leadership position in the information systems field and to make important contributions to your organization and profession.
Our program blends academic theory with hands-on experience so that you can
* Enhance your ability to create and manage information systems, processes, and services to give you and your organization a competitive edge.
* Explore legal, ethical, professional, and social responsibility issues related to the widespread use of technology.
* Acquire the skill set to fill the most urgent needs of hiring managers in information systems and prepare to move into management positions that oversee information systems and service supply chains.
* Translate your distance-learning experience to the workplace and improve your ability to work across organizational, disciplinary, and geographic boundaries.
* Prepare for career opportunities
* 33 semester credit hours
o Core courses (24 sem. cr.)
o Specialization courses (6 sem. cr.)
o Specialization capstone course (3 sem. cr.)
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
Estimated time to completion: less than 2 years, depending on individual progress, credits transferred, and pre-requisite course.
* Leverage your experience to develop a broader understanding of information systems, in this program open to students with or without a degree in computing.
* Focus your attention entirely on your coursework and let Walden take care of the rest. Walden automatically registers you for courses. Plus your course materials are included in the cost of tuition and mailed directly to you, allowing you to better predict total program costs.
* Enjoy a convenient online learning experience that includes podcasts and readings you can download to portable devices for maximum flexibility.
By choosing Walden, you are choosing a rich and engaging learning experience that complements your unique learning style. Whether you prefer text, audio, or video formats, MobileLearnSM allows you to download and access your course content offline and on-the-go, giving your study schedule even greater flexibility.
As you move through the program, take two courses and complete your capstone course in one of the specializations that best matches your interests
* Business Information Management to manage large data sets that support business strategy and decision making
* Enterprise Information Security to understand and implement security and privacy technologies
* IT Strategy and Governance to align information systems with corporate strategy
* Managing Global Software and Service Supply Chains to organize projects in a global marketplace and oversee information systems and service supply chains