The BFA Degree in Digital Media Production is designed to prepare the student to create, produce, and distribute interactive media, including video, audio, 2D and 3D for purposes of communication and entertainment. Students will have the opportunity to develop basic design skills for application to visual problem solving. Additionally, students are expected to develop skills in project management and team collaboration demonstrating business and communication practices required for employment in the worldwide workplace. The program will culminate in the preparation of a professional entry level portfolio.Throughout the BFA
Degree program in Digital Media Production
students can learn concepts, techniques, and tools related to digital media design, interactive design, audio/video editing, and web design. Project management, creative design, and communication skills training are integrated throughout this dynamic curriculum.
Bachelor Level Core Competencies / Educational Outcomes with a Digital Media Production Degree
Performance Objectives for the Digital Media Production Program
- Execute visual problem-solving skills;
- Develop a sense of design aesthetics using traditional artistic methods;
- Apply principles of project management including participation as a team member engaged in content production and/or delivery;
- Prepare digital multi-purpose content for the construction and deployment of digital media to multiple user interfaces;
- Demonstrate ethical business practices while responding to client needs;
- Articulate a vision of the future of the industry through knowledge and interpretation of research; and
- Develop and present a portfolio of work that establishes personal style and visual composition to meet industry standards.
To analyze and develop creative solutions to digital media problems, and convert concepts into final, professional designs. To gain an understanding of design principles, streaming media, compositional needs, drawing techniques, digital imaging and illustration, web design, storyboarding, and sound technology.
To gain an understanding of professional business practices in design, communicate effectively with other designers, and apply professional standards and regulations within assigned work. To gain familiarity with current technology and software, and with the workings of a professional design studio.
Communication and Critical Thinking Skills:
To generate creative solutions to challenging assignments, demonstrating a clear understanding of project needs and technological demands. To communicate ideas effectively through written and oral presentations of assigned work, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and create versatile designs for a variety of client needs.