Antonelli College, a well-known part of the visual arts community in Cincinnati, Ohio since 1947, has held to the traditions of (1) quality teaching in the fields of visual arts and business, and (2) presenting students with the opportunity to develop their gifts and talents into professional skills. The College began as the Gebhardt Art School in 1947 with a philosophy of educating the total artist, based on the fundamentals of craftsmanship. In the mid-1970s, the College was renamed the Ohio Visual Art Institute, and in 1982 it became Antonelli College. During the 1990s, degree programs were added in business office technology, and in January 2005, programs in the health information technology field as well as massage therapy were added. In January 1996, branches in Jackson and Hattiesburg, Mississippi were added, thus continuing this long-standing tradition of quality career education.