The AIU Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) is a comprehensive, industry-specific program that is designed to help prepare students to embark on careers in the IT field. Through the program, students can acquire not only high-quality technical knowledge and hands-on abilities but also key career skills in areas including leadership, behavioral understanding, change management, and project management. The BIT program can equip student with the technical and commercial understanding needed to begin a successful career in a high-tech field or in any organization that relies on IT.
The BIT features a concentration in Computer Systems that allows students to focus their studies on advanced database programming and Internet technologies.
The BIT with a concentration in Computer Systems can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a:
* Network Administrator
* Database Developer
* Website Developer
* Database Administrator
* Help Desk Administrator
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The BIT with a concentration in Computer Systems features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. The program focuses on relational database design and implementation, data management, security issues, and the installation, configuration and administration of advanced Internet technologies such as web servers and e-mail servers.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Use operating systems and networking knowledge.
* Apply the principles of programming to develop applications and websites.
* Program for database connectivity.
* Define data modeling, data definition language, and data manipulation language.
* Define concepts of computer systems, hardware, programming languages, and databases.
* Research career opportunities in information technology.
* Identify issues and practices in information technology management.
Concentration courses for this program include:
* Advanced Database Programming
* Advanced Internet Technologies
* Advanced Web Application Development