Businesses rely on all kinds of media to carry their message, make a sale or simply entertain their audience or customer. Professionals who are skilled in solving communications challenges with a wide range of graphic and digital solutions can have a rewarding future. Web design and Internet companies, advertising and design agencies, motion picture studios, and video production companies are among the organizations that seek digital designers with a quality educational background.
AIU offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication with a concentration in Digital Design that can help
prepare students to become creative and technically proficient digital artists. This degree program integrates theory, practice, and team-oriented learning to help students develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the field.
The Visual Communication program at AIU is designed to
educate and develop artistic and imaginative students for careers in the fields of commercial art and design. The program emphasizes the development of the thinking process and the ability to solve design problems creatively. Students can learn the principles, practical applications, technologies, and methodologies used in solving complex design problems in a creative and unique manner.
The BFA in Visual Communication with a concentration in Digital Design can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a/an:
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
- Flash Designer
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Computer Illustrator
The BFA in Visual Communication with a concentration in Digital Design features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. Key topics addressed in this degree program include the development of animated web graphics, strategies for optimizing website performance, effective uses of typography, and the development of corporate identity.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
Concentration courses for this program include:
- Plan and create effective, cohesive design solutions using a variety of media.
- Use current software and technology to create digital compositions while applying color theory and graphic design principles.
- Plan and design interactive projects that demonstrate navigational and organizational methodologies.
- Apply project management and teamwork skills to address digital design industry issues.
- Develop skills for effective oral and written communication, presentation, and critical thinking.
- Apply business principles and practices that satisfy project requirements.
- Refine existing pieces for inclusion into a professional portfolio.
- Experimental Digital Typography
- Experimental Digital Illustration
- Experimental Animation
- Multimedia for Web Design