Hampshire’s exceptionally rich, intellectually demanding academic program allows students to develop diverse courses of study reflecting their interests.
Hampshire students live and love their educations, developing courses of study that transcend traditional academic boundaries. As they shape their education, Hampshire students:
* » work closely with faculty
* » discover more than a major
* » combine interests across disciplines
* » engage in substantial independent work
* » benefit from the Five College consortium
Our programs include everything from microbiology to filmmaking, social entrepreneurship to quantum physics.
Hampshire students are known as innovators, and the college encourages that, helping them to build on their natural intelligence and inquisitiveness.
Hampshire creates successful leaders and scholars
Hampshire's rigorous, interdisciplinary, and collaborative approach produces remarkable results:
* » Nearly half of all Hampshire graduates hold advanced degrees.
* » One in seven alums holds a Ph.D. or terminal degree.
* » Our graduates have been awarded these fellowships, among others: Fulbright, Guggenheim, Javits, Mellon, and NSF Graduate Research.
To graduate, every student, with faculty advice and guidance, devises an individual program in which he or she attempts to ask—and answer— a question perhaps never posed before.