Have you always had an eye for the latest fashion trends?
Do you catch yourself admiring in-store fashion displays and advertisements?
Learn what it takes to translate your love for fashion into rewarding career opportunities. Earn your Degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising at Gibbs College - Farmington!
Turn Runway Fashions Into Retail Sales
The fashion industry depends on the vision of fashion merchandising professionals who recognize fashion trends and develop visual displays that are appealing to customers. Fashion Merchandisers must constantly remain current with what's in, and use their business savvy to quickly convert these trends into profit.
Learn more about fashion design and merchandising career training.
Study Fashion Design and Merchandising in our Hands-on Program!
Fashion Design and Merchandising training at Gibbs - Farmington could lead to entry-level career opportunities including assistant buyer, visual merchandising assistant, assistant store manager, or fashion advertising professional. You will have an opportunity to:
* Describe types of fabric and properties
* Identify consumer needs and preferences
* Recognize the importance of color, line, texture, function, trends and lifestyle on the development of fashion designs
* Identify art principles and elements of design
* Sketch ideas for clothing designs
* Produce a flat pattern for various types of clothing
* Design original garments with attention to cut, grain seams, pockets, collars, necklines and other conventions of clothing construction
* Create garments for a variety of consumers, sizes, markets and retail price categories
* Develop a professional portfolio
Ready to get started? Find out if the Fashion Design and Merchandising Program is right for you.
Gain Industry Experience
Your required industry internship can give you a taste of what it's like to work in the exciting business of retail fashion. Through hands-on experience, you’ll have an opportunity to develop career skills such as:
* Predicting trends and making purchasing decisions
* Quality management of design materials and construction
* Working as a part of a retail design team to create store displays
* Utilizing fashion technologies for pattern making, apparel design and more
Upon completion of your fashion design and merchandising training, you can begin searching for career opportunities!
Gibbs - Farmington could be the first step towards an exciting new career that you love.