MSc IT Security Management
: Information Technology (IT)
Develop the skills to create, plan, and manage effective IT security processes for businesses with this course, which is designed, delivered, and awarded by Arden University. You’ll learn how to keep up with the fast-paced IT world and gain practical skills that will make you an invaluable asset to any business.
Programme taught in English in Germany.
Who is the IT Security Management for
If you are currently working in IT security or if you want to move into a role where you are responsible for managing and deploying IT security, this course will give you the skills and understanding needed to meet the challenges of the evolving field of technology and its rapid development within the context of security risks.
Employment stats and USP’s
- Arden University has received 4.5* for student satisfaction
- Arden has supported 50,000 higher education learners over 26 years
- 96% graduates are in employment or further study 6 months after graduation
- 79% students saw their career improve as a direct result of their studies
• AMBA Accreditation since 2011 with some triple-accredited partners which only 1% of the world’s elite business schools receive
• Programmes with top global rankings – the MIB is ranked 20th in the world by the Economist in 2017
• International student cohort with over 40 nationalities represented
• Scholarships, flexible payment plans and early-bird discounts available
• Perfect city centre locations in Berlin
• Free German classes and 100% in English
1. Germany has the 2nd best unemployment rate in the EU, at 3.4%*
2. 4th Best Graduate starting salary at £40,650 in Europe, with a growing economy**
3. Germany is the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe; It is recognised for its high-quality education and you can experience this with GISMA***.
4. Berlin, Germany’s capital is the start-up technology capital of Europe
5. Berlin is the second largest city in the EU and has a thriving business scene, offering a range of job opportunities to young professionals and graduates.
Germany is well known for its rich history in culture and arts, offering students an enriching international experience whilst combining world-class education from our globally ranked partner institutions.
***According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
The Global Information Security Workforce Study estimates that the global cyber security workforce shortage will widen to 1.5 million by 2020, and the UK government has invested £2 billion in this area.
Individuals who get in front of this trend and upskill themselves in this area will be in high demand. This Master’s course will appeal to you if you need to develop or improve your skills in managing IT-related security, whether that is to add value to your current company, comply with new regulations or progress in your career.
After completing this course, you can go into several different areas of business, including consultancy, government organisations, research, and professional firms.
Potential roles include:
- Security Consultant
- Information Security Analyst
- Technology Analyst
- Systems and Networks Security Engineer
- IT Security and Governance Officer
- Government Technology Officer
- Infrastructure Analyst
- Quality and Security Analyst
2:2 UK honours degree or equivalent. A GPA of 60% of above for a four year Bachelor's degree from Pakistan.
English proficiency: IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component or equivalent if you have not been previously taught in English. English waiver letters can be accepted, degree's should also have 'Method of instruction: English'.
Work experience and qualification route
You must have a third class (3rd) UK honours degree or an equivalent qualification alongside 2-3 years professional work experience.
If you are from Pakistan, a four year Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 60% or above alongside 3-4 years management experience.
Work experience route
We encourage applications from prospective students who do not meet our academic requirements but who do have senior management experience (usually 5 years).
Any other international undergraduate qualification will be assessed on a case by case basis.
You must show us that you are self-motivated, provide a personal statement, and be able to offer references and other evidence of your experience.
Please discuss your entry requirements with the programme consultant as your international education could mean that you are eligible to study with us.
: 1 to 2 years
: Apr 19, Oct 19
Awarding body / Certified by
: Arden University