In today’s marketplace, many corporate and educational positions require advanced degrees. The Master of Fine Arts in Photography Program at Brooks Institute is designed to expand the knowledge of students’ undergraduate learning experiences. This Master’s Photography program allows students the opportunity to benefit from higher technical, aesthetic and practical knowledge while enhancing their pursuit of occupations requiring graduate education.
As a student enrolled in our Master of Fine Arts degree in Photography program, you will have access to a comprehensive curriculum encompassing the entirety of the photographic art industry. Fostering critical thinking, creativity and professional excellence, this Master of Fine Arts in Photography Program can help each student discover his or her potential. This program provides an experimental learning environment that allows students the opportunity to stay abreast of technological, aesthetic, business and societal changes while integrating personal, professional and social responsibility.
The Master of Fine Arts in Photography degree program is designed to be completed in two years; however, a student may take up to three years to complete the program. Upon graduation, students should be able to:
* Create and exhibit a coherent body of photography / imaging art
* Utilize a multitude of electronic and traditional resources to develop and execute effective research strategies
* Describe the business, research and academic practices of the photographic field
* Design activities that develop and enhance an understanding of photographic techniques, creative executions, and the intellectual aspects of the field of photography as an art form
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of contemporary aesthetic issues through oral and written forms
* Communicate in writing and orally in a clear, effective, and professional manner within the academic and business photographic fields
* Describe and articulate the business, research, and academic practices and developments of the photographic arts
* Demonstrate the ability to synthesize knowledge and skills gained in courses and individual research in a culminating document
* Communicate in written, oral and visual forms clearly, effectively and professionally within the academic and business photographic fields