The M.A. degree in Journalism is designed to build or enhance professional knowledge, skills and leadership in journalism and mass communications. The interdisciplinary curriculum combines up-to-date knowledge with practical application and individualized experience.
Advertising Specialization in Marketing, Communication & Advertising
The Specialization in Marketing, Communication and Advertising focuses on communication, culture, and organizations as well as marketing, advertising, promotional and communication strategies in cultural and international settings.
This track requires a minimum of 36 semester hours of credit. A thesis is not required. The major consists of 18 hours, 9 hours in the minor outside the college: Marketing and Communications Studies. Eighteen of the required hours in the major are core courses. Twelve credit hours must be earned in courses opened exclusively to graduate students.
MCA Professional Track
1. Required Advertising and Public Relations Courses
2. Elective Advertising and PR / Journalism Courses
3. Required Marketing Courses
4. Elective Marketing Courses
5. Required Communications Studies Courses
6. Elective Communication Studies Course