— Marketing Management is an associate degree program designed to prepare you for a new or advanced career in marketing. It is designed to assist you in developing skills in market research and analysis, selling, logistics, human relations, business communications, management, purchasing and leadership. The program allows you to choose to focus on wholesale and industrial sales and marketing, management decision-making, or advertising. The accelerated format of the program — four hours each week for six weeks year-round — is called FASTRAK Marketing. Several certificate programs are available. An internship is incorporated in the courses MKTG-175 and MKTG-176.
— The projected employment outlook in the field of marketing is optimistic. The typical job titles of positions available to graduates include marketing assistant, marketing support representative, sales representative, market research assistant, customer service representative, purchasing agent/buyer, product management assistant, etc. Graduates with an advertising focus commonly locate positions as marketing/advertising assistants, media salespeople, junior account executives, co-op managers, promotion directors, media planning assistants and research assistants.
Program Learning Outcomes
— Based upon the courses completed, employers expect graduates to be able to:
- Apply creativity in developing integrated marketing communication programs
- Coordinate the organization's marketing plan
- Apply selling skills
- Utilize technology in managing the marketing function
- Demonstrate field-sales supervision skills
- Employ problem-solving and decision-making skills using business data
- Apply legal and ethical principles to personal, social and professional behaviors
- Create a personal professional development plan
— If you are interested in a baccalaureate degree upon completion of the program, check with a program counselor or advisor, and the institution you plan to attend regarding the transfer of MATC credits.
This program will transfer to one or more four-year institutions.
Director of Marketing