SJVC’s Human Resource Administration program offers training in the procedures, policies and practices found in today’s human resource departments. Our students develop personal, professional and human relations skills necessary to perform the duties of a human resource administrator.
* Personnel hiring and evaluation practices
* Staff training and development
* Employee benefits administration
* Compensation structures
* Payroll management
* Labor Laws
Hands-on training also includes a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
Capable human resource management is the backbone of any successful business. Those skilled in this area are qualified for many career roles:
* Human Resource Specialist
* Human Resource Generalist
* Compensation or Benefit Analyst
* Training and Development Coordinator
* Payroll Specialist
Graduates earn an Associate of Science degree and are prepared to take the Microsoft® Office Specialist Exam for certification in Word, PowerPoint® and Excel®.