At Utah Career College, you can earn a Pharmacy Technology Diploma in just four quarters. You will be ready to assume the life-saving responsibilities of a pharmacy technician in a in a hospital or a retail, mail order or unit-dosing pharmacy.
Every credit applies to your career in pharmacy technology
The Pharmacy Technology Diploma program requires 48 credits. Every class emphasizes hands-on practice in situations you will encounter as a pharmacy technician. You will learn how to use the computer programs pharmacies use to dispense medications and maintain records; role-play ways to handle sensitive ethical and legal issues; and practice pharmacy calculations.
A full-time student can complete the program in 3 quarters months. Pharmacy technology courses and related skills training fulfill requirements of the Pharmacy Technology Diploma program:
Topics in Pharmacy Technology
* Pharmacy Law and Principles
* Pharmacy Office Procedures
* Pharmacy Procedures
* Advanced Pharmacy Procedures
* Pharmacy Certification Review
* Pharmacy Externship
* Interpersonal Relations
* Keyboarding I
* Medical Terminology
* Anatomy and Physiology
* Strategies for Success
* Career Development
At Utah Career College, we never forget our primary focus — providing students with the training and support they need to get the jobs they want. The last months of the Pharmacy Technology Diploma program, therefore, includes three critical classes:
* The Pharmacy Technology Externship provides an opportunity for you to apply the knowledge and skills you have acquired in an actual pharmacy and receive an evaluation from your on-the-job supervisor.
* The Pharmacy Certification Review will prepare you to pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam and the Utah Law Exam.
* Career Development, where you will learn to prepare a resume that highlights your strengths, practice interviewing skills and learn how to conduct an effective job search.
Where will you go with a Pharmacy Technology Diploma?
Before and after your graduation, a representative from our Career Services Department will help you as you identify and pursue the right job.
If you later decide to enroll in the Associate in Pharmacy Technology degree program, coursework from the diploma program will transfer smoothly.