Learn how to become a Pet Groomer - at home, at your own pace, with Penn Foster Career School. There are certain skills you need to begin a career as a Pet Groomer. The Penn Foster Career School Pet Groomer Program helps you learn them quickly and conveniently.
You'll get training in:
- Dog types, personalities, and handling
- Cat types, personalities, and handling
- Anatomy and health care of dogs and cats
- Equipment selection, use, and maintenance
And you'll learn it all at home — no classroom needed!
Start a creative, rewarding career in a growing field.
Why complete a Pet Groomer training program? With the right credentials, you can:
- Work for a grooming salon, pet shop, or start your own business.
- Work for a veterinary clinic or animal hospital.
Demand for Pet Groomers will increase nearly 21% through 2018*. Because pet ownership is on the rise, there's an increasing demand for skilled professionals to keep dogs and cats bathed, brushed, and trimmed!
This program requires students to enroll in a 10-wek practicum during the course of their studies. Students will be required to find a practicum site within their local communities. Potential practicum sites include kennels, veterinary clinics, animal shelters, pet supply stores, and privately owned grooming salons. All practicum sites must be approved by the program instructor.
Contact Penn Foster Career School Today.
We’ll send you FREE information – with absolutely no obligation! Find out more about Penn Foster Career School's Pet Groomer training that includes:
Get more information today
- All the lessons, supplements, and learning aids you need
- Grooming tools and consultation privileges
- Unlimited instructional support
- Access to student services by website, phone, and mail
and in as little as seven months from enrollment, you can be on your way to a career as a professional Pet Groomer!