Tens of billions of dollars are spent on the estimated 20 million meetings called to order every day. Many businesses as well as associations are realizing the importance and effectiveness of sponsoring meetings, conferences and special events that are professionally planned and executed.
This comprehensive curriculum
is based on the Convention Industry Council's guidelines
for the meeting planning functions. Learn the language of meeting planning, discover the major responsibilities of a planner, and learn how to get a solid return on investment and handle logistics and negotiations. The program provides training for career development in this exciting field.
Who Is This Program For?
- People already in the field who are seeking more professional training
- Individuals who plan meetings for their associations, organizations, or corporations
- Individuals just entering the meeting planning field
- Hotel conference, sales and catering personnel
- Trade show planners, DMCs and all those who interact with meeting planners
- Travel agents
Program Modules & Content
Module 1 – Introduction to the Meetings and Events Industry
Module 2 – Proposal Writing, Budgeting and Return on Investment
Module 3 – Site Selection and Site Inspection Tour
Module 4 – Contracting and Negotiations
Module 5 – Pre-Event Planning
Module 6 – Administration and Deployment
Module 7 – Post Event Planning and Strategic Meeting Management