Villanova University College of Nursing
and Crozer-Chester Medical Center have collaborated on the development of a joint program to prepare Nurse Anesthetists with a Master of Science Degree in Nursing
from Villanova University.
This accredited concentration in the Graduate Program prepares nurses with a sound base of theoretical knowledge and clinical experience in the practice of nursing anesthesia
It is the purpose of the nurse anesthesi
a concentration to provide the local community and beyond with competent nurse anesthetists. The faculty also believe that the graduate nurse anesthetist
will be willing to participate in leadership activities that support and enhance the profession of nurse anesthesia.
Each didactic course and clinical educational area has a set of objectives. Both faculty and students utilize these objectives as educational guidelines with the ultimate goal being that of satisfying the learning outcomes in the field of nurse anesthesia.
The nurse anesthesia
concentration is an integral part of the College of Nursing and has embraced the College's philosophy as its own. The following competencies were developed to conform to the mission and philosophy of the University and of College of Nursing. At the completion of this concentration, the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate scholarship and clinical experience based upon evidence to support best practices of nurse anesthesia.
- Manage the complexities of anesthesia care from preoperative assessment through the post anesthesia period using all available technologies.
- Analyze issues and trends in healthcare for their impact on the practice of nurse anesthesia.
- Implement the role of nurse anesthetist to ensure continuity of care and safe effective practice.
- Implement quality improvement initiatives that conform to AANA’s Professional Practice Standards.
- Analyze the broad context or system within which nurse anesthesia is practiced.