The Fast Track to Earning a Master of Science in Nursing
The RN-to-Master of Science in Nursing option offers associate’s- or diploma-level nurses and nurses with a bachelor’s degree in another field the opportunity to satisfy specific core requirements for Kaplan University’s Master of Science in Nursing program while completing their bachelor’s degree in nursing. Students then have the opportunity to enter Kaplan University’s Master of Science in Nursing program in a condensed format. Students completing this accelerated program will earn their Kaplan University Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing degrees at a faster pace and lower cost than completing each degree separately.
The RN-to-Master of Science in Nursing option can significantly shorten the time it takes to earn a Kaplan University Master of Science in Nursing degree. Usually a 13-course program, students choosing the RN-to-Master of Science in Nursing option can earn a master’s degree by completing as few as 9 additional graduate-level courses once they complete their Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
The RN-to-Master of Science in Nursing option begins with undergraduate courses designed to build a foundation for future success in advanced nursing roles. Students then move on to complete graduate-level courses based on their previous level of education. Whether you have previously earned a bachelor’s degree in another field or are just beginning to further your education, this innovative curriculum aims to encourage critical thinking, enhance communication techniques, and address the managerial and technical competencies required by health care employers today. It features:
* A strong focus on professional leadership with courses in management, informatics, research, emerging trends in health care therapies, health assessment, and community nursing
* An emphasis on health promotion, health care information, professional ethics, diversity, and health care management
* A capstone in nursing, completed in your community with the guidance of expert faculty, designed to improve the delivery of patient care by allowing you to apply the knowledge and skills you learn online in a real-world setting
* Graduate-level courses in advanced nursing theory, and ethical and legal perspectives of the health care system with a direct track to completing a Kaplan University master’s degree in nursing
* A dedicated faculty of practicing professionals who have attained high levels of achievement in their respective fields