The MBA with a concentration in Sport Management provides professional preparation for students who wish to enter the marketing and managerial segments of the sports industry. The degree program provides students with a comprehensive core of business knowledge in addition to specialized knowledge, skills, networking abilities, and opportunities to be successful, visionary leaders for sports organizations.
The concentration in Sport Management is designed to help students follow their interests in sports and acquire the industry-current knowledge and skills to qualify for a number of interesting career opportunities. Some common career paths with this program include:
* Sports Program Director
* Athletics Programs Coordinator
* Sports Sales Account Manager
* Corporate Sales Executive
* Account Sales Manager
* Director of Retail
* Ticket Event Team Supervisor
* Guest Relations Supervisor
* Associate Membership Director
* Inside Sales Representative
* and many others
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The MBA with a concentration in Sport Management features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in this growing field. Learning from experienced instructors, you can absorb meaningful knowledge that can immediately be applied in real-world professional situations. Instructors will cover material including:
* Distinguishing and applying the principles of advertising, promotion, and publicity as they relate to sports.
* Developing a strategic marketing plan for a sport product, organization, service, or event.
* Discussing management competencies, leadership, and business ethics required to operate successful sports delivery systems.
* Applying critical thinking skills to analyze sports business situations.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Apply quantitative reasoning and analysis to sports management business problems using knowledge of mathematics, statistics, finance, and economics.
* Develop plans to improve sports business operations.
* Analyze leadership theory and characteristics that contribute to leadership; adapt to the needs of sports organizations.
* Use critical thinking skills and knowledge of sports management principles to impact strategic decision making.
* Use team-based learning experiences in all courses to support intellectual and interpersonal development.
* Analyze and apply the opportunities provided by technology for sports organizations.
* Analyze and manage potential ethical and legal conflicts for sports businesses.
* Communicate effectively, adapt, and innovate to solve problems in sports business situations.