Master International Management: Health Care Management
Managing healthcare successfully
Key information at a glance.
Next start of studies
Bad Honnef: March / September
Berlin: April / October
Language of instruction
General management know-how perfectly combined with expertise from the healthcare sector
In the healthcare sector, you deal with the complex relationships between business management activities and the resulting ethical and social consequences. Our International Management Master’s degree programme with a major in Health Care Management provides you with important industry know-how as well as relevant expertise in general management.
This puts you in a position to successfully fill leadership positions in healthcare enterprises, such as hospitals and care facilities, as well as consulting firms and medical technology and pharmaceutical manufacturing companies.
Facts about the degree programme
Master of Arts (M.A.)
Bad Honnef, Berlin
full time: 4 semesters
Bachelor’s degree, proof of English language skills
International Management for career changers
A degree within a year
When you pursue our two-semester International Health Care Management programme, you will focus on subject-specific skills and receive your Master’s degree after just one year.
Studying in Bad Honnef
Bad Honnef is idyllically located in one of the most beautiful areas of North Rhine-Westphalia – with direct connections to the metropolis of Cologne and the cultural city of Bonn. There are also a lot of options for recreation during your studies: The island of Grafenwerth, the Siebengebirge and the Drachenfels, which towers over Bad Honnef, offer places to relax or go mountain biking or hiking. And for those you who prefer something a little more exciting: Cologne and Bonn are ideal for shopping, cultural events and parties. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme gives you excellent preparation for your career in the healthcare sector – an industry with great development potential and very good job prospects:
How does the course of studies work?
- You deal intensively with the complex processes of healthcare management.
- You deal with common state and private healthcare systems as well as with the planning, development and implementation of clinical processes.
- You identify the most important requirements in strategic management and learn how to implement them using the most important management tools.
- You deepen your knowledge of quality-management instruments such as audits, risk management, controlling and monitoring.
- You learn about the foundations of HR management – especially against the background of increasing staff shortages, e.g. in the healthcare sector.
In the third semester of your Master's programme in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IU and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IU. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
The IU consistently achieves top scores:
- in the category “overall study conditions” (grade 1.6)
- in the category “practical orientation” (1.7)
- in the category “international orientation bachelor’s” (10 out of 11 possible points)
- in direct comparison to the CHE Ranking 2014: Better ratings for “academic feasibility” (grade 1.4) and “support from professors” (grade 1.8)