The mission of the Adelphi University School of Nursing is to provide nurses with the knowledge and skills to assume influential roles in the transformation of health care that extends beyond traditional practices and health care facilities. Graduates possess the expertise, values, and vision to serve their communities as highly qualified caregivers and leaders in the profession.
The School is committed to excellence in education and emphasizes scholarship and training to translate knowledge into practice. The curricula prepare graduates to:
* integrate the roles, functions, and values of advanced practice to develop a professional identity
* contribute to the advancement of the profession and health care through the application of advanced knowledge, values, ethics, and skills
* integrate knowledge of health care policy, organization, and financing to guide advanced practice
* provide care to individuals, families, groups, and/or organizations that is health-focused, culturally competent, effective, and evidence-based
* employ technology to support advanced practice
* value the processes of inquiry and apply them to advanced practice.