This program provides students with the necessary skills and academic knowledge to install, configure, manage, and maintain computer network systems and to write the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) and A+ certification examinations. Upon completion of this program students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot PC computer hardware
2. Demonstrate the ability to install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot functional network operating systems, infrastructure services, equipment (including wireless), security, and protocols
3. Manage and maintain Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Environment, Network Structure, Exchange Server
4. Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
5. Demonstrate knowledge of security protocols and methodologies
Potential Job Position Titles
Potential job position titles include Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, Network Operations Analyst, Jr. Network Administrator, and Network Technician.
The average length of time for a student taking a full course load is 1.5 semesters (6 months).
A minimum of 24 semester credit hours is required for graduation.
All courses, 24 semester credit hours, are required:
Computer Architecture and Troubleshooting
Computer Architecture and Troubleshooting II
Network Operations Systems
Server Operating Systems
Network Infrastructure Administrations
Directory Services Administration
Note: Students who passed the A+ Essentials exam or already have an A+ certification (CompTIA’s 2006 or 2009 A+ exam) have the option of bypassing the IS 185 and IS 186 courses.
Certifications accomplished: A+, MCITP