In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, the Bachelor of Arts in Marketing also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of marketing, graduates in this degree program will be able to: Relate and discuss the potential functions and applications of various management processes in the areas of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, leading, and controlling.
* Integrate the marketing function with fundamental business enterprise concepts and principles of management, finance, strategic planning, and information systems.
* Apply marketing principles to a particular business.
* Use marketing research to identify and exploit business opportunities.
* Critically analyze an organization’s marketing function and assemble and apply the various marketing strategies and techniques that align with the organization’s mission.
* Develop a strategic marketing plan.
The Bachelor of Arts in Marketing attracts students who are drawn to a fast-paced environment and interested in careers in sales and/or promotions. Students gain self-motivation and self-confidence, the ability to work well with others, a creative approach to problem solving, a willingness to take appropriate risks, and the ability to spot trends. Graduates of this program typically go on to employment with the military, government, or corporate environments that involve product and service development, research, planning, distribution channels, logistics and transportation, sales promotion, sales, pricing strategy, advertising, and public relations.