Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Bachelor Degree in Business Administration - At the institution - Saint Petersburg - FL - Florida
The business administration major focuses on teaching the core skill set that constitutes the accepted body of knowledge with the discipline. The business administration is geared to the student who wants to pursue a career within a for-profit corporate organization and/or a Masters in Business Administration.
Students in the business administration major will develop the following competencies:
* Management under uncertain conditions including policy determination at the senior management level
* Operations Management in businesses producing both goods and services
* Marketing of business products
* Using Management Information Systems
* Accounting practices in business
* Financing the business
* Economics of the business and of the larger environment within which the business operates
* Knowledge of the legal environment of organizations
* Ethical issues confronting business in both domestic and international spheres
The course sequence for a major in business administration is as follows:
MN 100S Principles of Management and Leadership
MN 271S Principles of Accounting
MN 272S Management Information Systems
EC 281S Microeconomics
EC 282S Macroeconomics
MN 260M Statistical Methods in Management and Economics
MN 278S Business Law
MN 220 Quantitative Methods for Management and Economics
IB 369S Principles of Marketing
MN 310 Operations Management
MN 371 Organizational Behavior and Leadership
MN 377 Introduction to Business Finance or IB 378 Investment Finance
MN 372 Accounting II
IB 376 Personnel & Global Human Resources
MN 498 Business Policy and Strategic Management
Business Administration majors are required to complete each course with a grade of C- or better. Students who major in business administration may not also major or minor in management.