The Nursing Program at Carroll College offers a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Nursing, preparing students for practice as a professional nurse or advanced studies in graduate programs around the country.
Clinical experience begins in the 200-level nursing courses and occurs in diverse community settings, varying from Helena’s hospitals to public health, assisted-living, long-term care, home-visits, and psychiatric and school settings. Each nursing course at Carroll provides quality, personalized learning experiences. Clinical work is done in Helena, allowing for one-on-one interaction with faculty.
Kim Kovanda Ackerman, a recent nursing grad, praised the format for the required clinical experiences, “I think the program’s strengths at Carroll are the great diversity of areas that we get to do clinical in. All of our clinical work is done in Helena, allowing for one-on-one interaction with faculty.”
- New Carroll RN grads are positive, asking lots of questions, able to critically think through the care they are providing, able to clarify inconsistencies, motivated and eager. It appears to me the faculty are doing a great job at Carroll.
- Carroll College produces some of the best nurses I have ever had the pleasure of working with!
- I have several Carroll grads on my unit and they all have been much more confident in expressing themselves to other team members. They are articulate and very self confident individuals.
- Carroll graduates have great communication skills, and a very sound base entering practice.
- The Carroll students seem better prepared to integrate theory with practical application.
- I have worked with several Carroll College graduates, they seem to be especially prepared for roles which require additional responsibility and leadership.
- Keep up the great work of educating the next generation.
- I feel the Carroll graduate nurses are well prepared – they come with good clinical knowledge achieved through their clinicals. I have just hired another Carroll graduate. I am very pleased with their knowledge and work ethic.
- They are confident and feel prepared for their career. They are proud to be Carroll grads too.