The participants will be equipped to manage advanced Six Sigma projects
and to actively lead organization-wide improvement efforts.
will be able to utilize statistical analysis software to advance organizational cost reduction and quality improvement efforts. They will also be able to guide, mentor, and define projects for Green Belts.
Who should attend?
Six Sigma Black Belt Training
- Outstanding individuals who have the aptitude and desire to master the complexities of the training program
- Individuals who will lead organization-wide improvement efforts
- Candidates must have strong math and problem solving skills. Some formal education in statistics and probability is desirable. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, business or statistics.
Role of the Black Belt
- Prerequisite: Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Twelve days of instructor-led classroom training plus successful completion of an improvement project that demonstrates the ability to apply the tools and techniques covered in the training course. Students must complete a management approved project. Project will be completed in phases during the class and final report will be presented on the last day of training.
- Primary text is Implementing Six Sigma - Smarter Solutions Using Statistical Methods Second Edition by Forrest W. Breyfogle III.
- Candidates must have access to a laptop computer to be used during the course.
- Participants are required to purchase the latest version of Minitab. You will be provided with a Florida Atlantic University ID that will allow you to purchase the software at an academic discount from e-academy.com. Detailed instructions on how to make these purchases will be provided upon enrollment. The cost of each of these two pieces of software will vary between $29 and $99 depending on the duration option that you select (Perpetual is recommended). *Costs are subject to change by e-academy.
Six Sigma Black Belt Curriculum
- Define projects for Green Belts
- Actively involved in organizational change
- Utilize statistical analysis software
- Mentor and guide Green Belts
- Manage advanced Six Sigma projects
- Implement tools, techniques and practices to achieve cost reductions and quality improvements
- Project Management Tools and Techniques
- Integrating Lean and Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Metrics
- Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility
- Data Collection Techniques
- Calculating Sample Size
- Rolled Throughput Yield
- Introduction to Probability
- Probability Distributions
- Bayes Theorem
- Correlation and Regression Analysis
- Process Performance (Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk)
- Short-term v. Long-term Process Capability
- Central Limit Theorem
- Hypothesis Testing
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Inferences and Comparison Testing
- Process Simulation
- Change Management
- Rational sub-grouping
- Establishing Process Standards
- Pre-control Charts