Comments about Medical Assistant Certification - At the institution - San Antonio - TX - Texas
The Medical Assistant Certificate Program is competency-based education designed to give you the knowledge and skills required for entry-level employment in outpatient healthcare industry, corporate business, or government environments.
Our Medical Assistant Certificate Program is for those seeking entry-level employment and for those currently employed in the healthcare industry who are seeking promotion.
Medical Assistant Career Opportunities include:
* Medical Assistant
* Medical Records Specialist
* Intake Specialist
* Patient Care Technician
* Phlebotomist/EKG technician
Students completing Hallmark College's Medical Assistant Certification Program may find employment in:
* Medical offices/clinics
* Rehabilitation and nursing centers
* Social service organizations
* Home health agencies
* ther business office environments.
The student will learn the skills to:
* Create, interpret, and manage medical records (manual and electronic)
* Demonstrate proper venipuncture and skin puncture techniques
* Perform basic laboratory tests
* Properly perform 12-level EKGs
* Use industry specific equipment and software.
The student will also have clinical exposure including:
* Knowing how to take vital signs
* Follow Universal precautions and OSHA guidelines
* Function within the clinical component of a medical office
* Assisting with examinations and procedures