- Next start of studies Bad Honnef: March / September - Berlin: April / October
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry, Online
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills.
Career springboard MBA
The hospitality industry is an important engine for jobs and the economy: One in ten jobs worldwide is in this versatile industry. Do you already have work experience in this area, but now want to expand your management skills so you can reach the next level in your career?
Then our MBA program with a major in Hospitality Management is the right choice for you. The industry covers a very wide field with countless, often cross-industry opportunities. In addition to the classic hotel sector, it includes hospitality as well as adjacent industries, such as amusement parks, casinos or airlines, and service providers such as hospitality consulting and IT service providers. During your studies, you will develop the skills you need as a leader in a consistently international industry.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You learn how to strategically and operationally apply management concepts to international companies
- You deepen your knowledge of the structure and success factors of value-adding business models – in the hospitality industry in general and in the hotel industry in particular.
- You discuss the development and maintenance of international hotel brands, financing of growth strategies and profit-oriented operation of individual hotels.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- Hospitality Management Seminar
- Pricing and Distribution Management
- Hospitality Project Planning and Development
- Food and Beverage Management
- Strategic Hospitality & Tourism Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 2 years of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
What are my prospects?
The Hospitality Management MBA programme prepares you for a range of responsibilities. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Guest Relations Manager
- Project Manager
- Marketing Manager
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
- The IU consistently achieves top scores
- In the category “overall study conditions” (grade 1.6)
- In the category “practical orientation” (1.7)
- In the category “international orientation bachelor’s” (10 out of 11 possible points)
- In direct comparison to the CHE Ranking 2014: Better ratings for “academic feasibility” (grade 1.4) and “support from professors” (grade 1.8)