MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management ENG - Barcelona
Presentation and objetives
The Ostelea-EAE MBA ranks among the best in the world according to the QS league table. The program focuses on developing executive skills and strategic competences that enable you to become the tourism professional you have always strived to be.
*In the Merco Ranking 2018, EAE Business School was ranked as the second most reputable school in Spain.
Reasons to take the MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MBA students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland), in Finance at ESG UQAM (Montreal, Canada) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea’s Madrid campus. (accommodation not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Management Experience: The MBA program developed with EAE Business School allows students work out the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, involving the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context that is a highly realistic reflection of the real world
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Case study method: The main learning methodology applied throughout the MBA program, which places participants in real business situations so that they have to analyse them and propose their own solutions.
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others learning tourism management.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
- Doing Business in Spain Seminar: Entrepreneurs in Spain share their insight into the key factors to take into account in order to be successful and competitive in the Spanish market.
Other key features
The MBA in Hospitality will give you the following benefits
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid): 25 hours of tuition.
- Language Seminars: students can choose between English and French (limited places: 30 hours of tuition/language.
INTERNATIONAL VISION OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Providing an international vision of the tourism industry, together with an adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global environment.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies.
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and business people in the tourism sector, in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 6 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
- Corporate Internationalization
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
Global Environment and Markets
- Socio-economic context and the tourism industry 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Tourism marketing and sales in global settings 5 Credits - Compulsory
Human Resources Management
- Talent management in Hospitality 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Executive skills for Hospitality organizations 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Financial management 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Information Tech. Management 5 Credits - Compulsory
- International Financial Risk Management 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Global Strategic Management 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Corporate Internationalization 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Master's thesis 15 Credits - Compulsory
- Accommodation management and Revenue & Yield Management 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Strategic Food & Beverage Management 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Sustainable tourism management 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Competitiveness and innovation in Hospitality 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Operations in Hospitality 3 Credits - Compulsory
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION:
- Master in Business Administration and Management, majoring in International Business, from the Universitat of Lleida (INSTITUTIONAL), and specialization in Hospitality & Tourism Management from Ostelea (INSTITUTIONAL)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (INSTITUTIONAL)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School. (INSTITUTIONAL)
Durante décadas, el turismo ha experimentado un continuo crecimiento y una profunda diversificación, hasta convertirse en uno de los sectores económicos que crecen con mayor rapidez en el mundo. El turismo mundial guarda una estrecha relación con él y es un motor clave del progreso socioeconómico. Hoy en día, el volumen de negocio del turismo iguala o incluso supera al de las exportaciones de petróleo, productos alimentarios o automóviles. El turismo se ha convertido en uno de los principales actores del comercio internacional, y representa al mismo tiempo una de las principales fuentes de ingresos de numerosos países en desarrollo.