Mays Business School at Texas A&M University
is one of the few business schools in the U.S. to offer a Master of Science (MS) in Marketing degree. With an emphasis on the application of cutting-edge marketing concepts, tools and techniques in real world business settings, this unique program is designed to provide students with an opportunity to:
Unique features of the program
- Master knowledge in various areas within the field of marketing and related fields.
- Acquire hands on experience applying various marketing concepts, tools, and techniques in business settings through participation in company-sponsored projects and internships.
- Develop strategic thinking and business leadership skills by interacting with visiting executives and entrepreneurs in various forums.
- 38-hour, 1.5 year program: A curriculum that includes cutting-edge courses in product innovation, marketing communications, marketing research, marketing analytics, marketing strategy, marketing consulting, services marketing and related fields.
- Company sponsored projects: Teams of MS-Marketing students are matched with sponsoring firms for semester-long projects. Students acquire hands-on experience working on business projects, while developing strategic thinking and business leadership skills.
- Small classes with real world projects: Case studies and sponsored group class projects allow students to apply the concepts, tools and techniques they learn from textbooks and in the classroom.
- Close working relationship with the Center for Retailing Studies: Housed in the Department of Marketing, the Center for Retailing Studies (CRS) enjoys a national and international reputation among retailing executives and academics for retailing education, research and outreach. Founded in 1983, the CRS currently enjoys the support of over 60 corporate sponsors. MS-Marketing students get to meet and spend time with executives from many of these firms.
- Faculty reputation: The marketing faculty at Texas A&M enjoys a reputation as one of the best in the nation in both research accomplishments and classroom instruction.
- Student profile: High quality students (average undergraduate GPA: 3.6; avg. GMAT: 615; avg. GRE: 1200).
- Marketing advisory board: Representing some of the leading firms in the United States, board members serve as mentors to MS-Marketing students, provide input to the program, serve as classroom speakers, and sponsor class projects and internships.