Master International Management: IT Management
Next start of studies
Bad Honnef: March / September
Berlin: April / October
: FIBAA accredited
: 120 ECTS
Language of instruction
: 100% English
General management know-how perfectly combined with IT expertise
Companies need experts who can manage complex information technology processes and also understand the business environment. Our International Management Master’s degree programme with a major in IT Management prepares you for a successful career with a combination of industry-relevant IT content and general management know-how.
As an IT manager, you ensure that your company’s data, information and knowledge is put to optimum use in order to develop and achieve strategic goals. As the interface between business management and information technology, you are responsible for managing interdisciplinary projects with partner companies, corporations and state organisations.
Facts about the degree programme
Studying in Bad Honnef
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: on Campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: Full time: 4 or 6 semesters,
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, proof of English language skills
- Non-Business Graduates: International Management for career changers
Bad Honnef is idyllically located in one of the most beautiful areas of North Rhine-Westphalia – with direct connections to the metropolis of Cologne and the cultural city of Bonn. There are also a lot of options for recreation during your studies: The island of Grafenwerth, the Siebengebirge and the Drachenfels, which towers over Bad Honnef, offer places to relax or go mountain biking or hiking. And for those you who prefer something a little more exciting: Cologne and Bonn are ideal for shopping, cultural events and parties. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme prepares you optimally for a career at the interface between management and technology:
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in management of projects according to international standards.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
What are my prospects?
As an IT manager, you are among the most sought after professionals in industry, the public sector and government organisations. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
- IT Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- HR Specialist Tech Recruiting
The IU consistently achieves top scores:
- in the category “overall study conditions” (grade 1.6)
- in the category “practical orientation” (1.7)
- in the category “international orientation bachelor’s” (10 out of 11 possible points)
- in direct comparison to the CHE Ranking 2014: Better ratings for “academic feasibility” (grade 1.4) and “support from professors” (grade 1.8)