Master International Management: Finance & Accounting
Investing in your future.
Key information at a glance
Next start of studies
Bad Honnef: March / September
Berlin: April / October
Language of instruction
General management know-how perfectly combined with expertise in finance.
In the International Management Master’s degree programme with a major in Finance & Accounting, you acquire extensive specialist knowledge and relevant general management know-how, so you can safely navigate international capital markets.
You develop skills for preparing and executing financial policy decisions, learn how to handle financing options in international capital markets and accounting in accordance with international standards, and you acquire in-depth investment-analysis and portfolio-management expertise, so you can optimise your company’s financial performance. The career opportunities are excellent - Recent surveys show a high demand for graduates with excellent English language skills, practical experience and a relevant Master’s degree from an internationally recognised university.
Facts about the degree programme
Master of Arts (M.A.)
: on campus
Bad Honnef, Berlin
full time: 4 or 6 semesters,
Bachelor’s degree, proof of English language skills
International Management for career changers
A degree within a year
When you pursue our two-semester Finance & Accounting programme, you will focus on subject-specific skills and receive your Master’s degree after just one year.
Studying in Berlin
Berlin is Germany’s premier Hot spot: international, intercultural and the leading city for innovation and start-ups – It’s just the right place to prepare for an international career with an English-language Master degree programme. Historical sights, museums, theatres, music and a club scene make Germany’s capital a city full of possibilities. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
More information about this programme
What will I learn during my studies? What career opportunities will I have after graduation? And do I have everything I need to study at IU? You will find answers to these and other questions on the following pages.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme prepares you specifically for work in the field of globalising financial markets and their direct environment:
- You develop expertise with regard to the preparation and execution of fiscal decisions in international capital markets.
- You learn how to handle financing options in international capital markets and how to meet international standards.
- You acquire in-depth expertise in investment analysis and portfolio management to optimise the financial performance of companies.
How does the course of studies work?
In the third semester of your Master's programme in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
- If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IU and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IU. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
The IU consistently achieves top scores
- in the category “overall study conditions” (grade 1.6)
- in the category “practical orientation” (1.7)
- in the category “international orientation bachelor’s” (10 out of 11 possible points)
- in direct comparison to the CHE Ranking 2014: Better ratings for “academic feasibility” (grade 1.4) and “support from professors” (grade 1.8)