Intensive Spanish is a program of small group Spanish classes that are 4 hours per day, 20 hours per week. We offer all levels of Spanish classes starting every Monday, so students can begin a program at any time of the year. Students can choose to take from 1 to 20+ weeks, depending on their specific goals and schedules.
Every Monday year-round
The classes have an average of 6 students to ensure a personalize experience while also practicing speaking with fellow classmates. Students can practice conversation, engage in group activities, improve sentence structure, and maintain fluency throughout their Spanish learning.
Intensive Spanish is available in the morning or afternoon so that if you wish, they can be combined with One-to-One lessons (private lessons) in the afternoon for a truly intensive experience.
We also provide two accommodation options for our students – homestays and shared apartments. A homestay allows students to live with a local family and share meals, which is the best time to practice speaking. In a shared apartment, students would live with at least 1 roommate and possibly other students. They would have their own bedroom and share kitchen, bathroom and other common spaces. Expanish highly recommends one of these options as they help students have an authentic experience in Argentina .
Apart from Spanish classes, we offer an activities program during the week to give you the opportunity to speak Spanish with other Expanish students and native Spanish speakers, learn more about Argentine culture and of course have fun! Many activities are free, like tours, film nights and dance classes, while others have a separate cost, like student dinners and going to a professional fútbol match. We also organize a variety of weekend excursions to different destinations, including the Iguazu Falls , the wine country of Mendoza , and even Uruguay . Combined with your classes, our daily activities will greatly increase your language abilities and you will really get to know Buenos Aires !
Here are some examples of our weekly activities:
- City tours (of different neighborhoods)
- Student dinners
- Fútbol games (both playing and going to see professional games)
- Local concerts
- Asados (Argentine barbecue)
- Tango shows and classes
- Museum and exhibit visits
- Theater and movie showings
- Bike tours
Our School is in a beautiful historical building just a few blocks from the famous Plaza de Mayo. The interior has been newly refurbished and is outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment, comfortable classrooms and spacious student common areas to facilitate the pursuit of learning while also providing a place to rest, relax and socialize.
Some of the features of our Expanish Spanish School are:
- Large street entrance and welcome area
- 6 purpose built floors
- Maturally-lit classrooms
- Two elevators and staircase
- Bathroom facilities on every floor
- Student study and tutorial room with library
- Student common room complete with sofas, computers and study area
- Projection room for DVD/video screenings
- E-lab with 10 computer terminals (from late 2011)
- Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Rooftop terrace with superb views of the city (open late 2011)
- Air-conditioning and central heating
- Electronically-controlled entrance