The ELI offers English classes which are designed according to the latest research in teaching English as a second language. You will have the opportunity to
* Select programs that vary from 6-14 weeks in length.
* Take classes in reading, writing, grammar, academic listening/speaking, preparation for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and pronunciation.
* Choose electives, such as Business English, Conversation Strategies, US Culture, at advanced levels when enrollment allows.
* Start at your own level in each skill, whether beginning, intermediate or advanced.
* Progress to a higher level at the end of each session.
* Learn from highly qualified instructors. Our excellently trained teachers are our biggest strength.
* Study in small classes, averaging 12 students.
* Design your own full-time programs between 23 to 33 hours per week. (Part-time programs are also available for persons who do not need an I-20 from the ELI.)
* Learn word processing and Internet usage in upper level reading/writing classes and other selected speaking classes.
* Take a free institutional TOEFL, accepted by departments at the University of Florida.