Level 5 is focused on developing your fluency and accuracy abilities, and to helping you reach a level of competence that will allow you to interact with a variety of more challenging, sophisticated current topics.
1. Communicate effectively in most daily practical and social situations at both concrete and abstract levels.
2. Participate in formal and informal conversations involving problem solving and decision making.
3. Speak on familiar concrete topics at a descriptive level and present a detailed analysis or comparison.
4. Participate in conversations with confidence.
5. Demonstrate an increased ability to respond appropriately to the formality level of a social interaction.
6. Understand more complex indirect questions about personal experience, familiar topics, and general knowledge.
7. Follow main ideas, key words, and important details in an authentic 2-3 page text on a familiar and partially predictable topic.
8. Read in English for information, to learn the language and to develop reading skills. Also begin to read very simple adult fiction.
9. Write coherent paragraphs on familiar topics with clear main ideas and some supporting details. Develop a sense of audience.
10. Demonstrate mostly satisfactory control over complex structures, spelling, and mechanics.
11. Use and understand an expanded inventory of concrete and common idiomatic language.
A GEOS Intensive English class features a comprehensive curriculum with a focus on oral communication - speaking and listening. Well trained and highly qualified instructors help students improve their conversation skills through a variety of creative activities. There are six different levels of study, from beginner through advanced. A placement test helps us find the best class level for each student. At the end of each four-week session, each student will receive a written evaluation and have a one-on-one with one of their teachers. This is how we help you monitor your progress. After each three month semester, students receive a report card, and students receive a GEOS certificate when they finish their course.
OUR INTENSIVE ENGLISH CLASS FEATURES:
* Teacher instruction, no self-access.
* Creative learning activities.
* Four skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
* Small classes; Maximum of 14 students per class.
* Professional, experienced, attentive instructors.
* Enrollment every week.
* Special services.