is designed to help students develop and solidify their intermediate language skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing English.
1. Communicate with some confidence in casual social conversations and in some less routine situations on familiar topics.
2. Communicate facts and ideas in some detail.
3. Follow the main ideas and identify key words and important details in verbal communication and in other contexts (such as audio tapes, radio broadcasts, and face to face conversations).
4. Follow main ideas, key words, and important details in a one-page plain-language authentic text.
5. Get new information about familiar topics by reading factual texts.
6. Write 1-2 paragraph letters and compositions.
7. Use and understand a range of common everyday vocabulary, some common phrases, and idioms.
A GEOS Intensive English class features a comprehensive curriculum with a focus on oral communication - speaking and listening. Well trained and highly qualified instructors help students improve their conversation skills through a variety of creative activities. There are six different levels of study, from beginner through advanced. A placement test helps us find the best class level for each student. At the end of each four-week session, each student will receive a written evaluation and have a one-on-one with one of their teachers. This is how we help you monitor your progress. After each three month semester, students receive a report card, and students receive a GEOS certificate when they finish their course.
OUR INTENSIVE ENGLISH CLASS FEATURES:
* Teacher instruction, no self-access.
* Creative learning activities.
* Four skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
* Small classes; Maximum of 14 students per class.
* Professional, experienced, attentive instructors.
* Enrollment every week.
* Special services.