1. Ask and respond to simple, routine and predictable questions about personal information.
2. Communicate some basic needs in informal conversations.
3. Understand key words, some phrases, simple commands, and short sentences in simple conversations.
4. Read a simple text that is related to daily life and experience. Topics include routine events, descriptions of people, places and things and simple instructions, etc.
5. Write a few sentences and phrases about topics that are familiar to the student: family, travel, food, health, etc.
6. Show some control over basic grammatical structures to communicate basic needs.