Comments about Healthcare Information Specialist Certificate - At the institution - San Antonio - TX - Texas
The Healthcare Information Specialist Certificate Program is a competency-based medical billing and medical coding certificate program that gives you the knowledge and skills required for entry-level employment in the area of medical billing/coding.
The student will learn how to perform the following administrative medical skills:
* Create, interpret, and manage medical records (manual and electronic)
* Compute and analyze healthcare data
* Identify and use appropriate procedure and diagnostic codes
* Use payment and reimbursement methods
* Use industry specific equipment and software.
This program prepares the graduate to sit for the certification exam of Certified Coding Associate (CCA).
The Healthcare Information Specialist Certificate (Medical Billing and Coding Certificate) Program consists of:
* 39.5 credit hours
* 836 contact hours
* and is 28 weeks (day) and 40 weeks (evening) in length