The ACHS Graduate Certificate in Herbal Medicine
provides specialized training for Graduate students in the comprehension and application of herbal medicine. Professionals working in the complementary alternative medicine (CAM) field will be able to deepen their knowledge and understanding of botanical medicine.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Herbal Medicine will be able to :
Bachelors degree from US Department of Education
- Synthesize an advanced knowledge of the principles of toxicology and the mechanisms and effect of herb-herb and herb-drug interactions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the toxicology of plant and essential oil constituents, the possible allergic and adverse reactions to herbal products and the influence of herbal quality on potential toxicity.
- Analyze the relative risks and benefits of commonly used botanical substances.
- Compare and contrast knowledge from empirical use with data from current phytochemical, toxicological and epidemiological studies and databases.
- Assemble an advanced knowledge base of the herbal material medica with a strong theoretical understanding of efficacy based on current research.
- Construct a working knowledge of the therapeutic action, active constituents, and methods of administration and regulatory status of each botanical.
- Develop a strong understanding of botany and plant identification with particular emphasis on the practical use of medicinal plants.
- Integrate botanical theory with contemporary methods of reliable plant identification for successful wild-crafting of herbs.
approved accredited institution, an admissions interview and recommendation for admission from the Dean of Admissions.
Graduate Certificate in Herbal Medicine™ Online requirements:
Botany & Plant Identification for the Holistic Practitioner
Fundamentals of Toxicology and Safety in Botanical Medicine
Advanced Herbal Materia Medica I
Advanced Herbal Materia Medica II
Each course within the Certificate is completed over 16 weeks
. Minimum study time recommended for each course is 9 hours per week. Graduates are awarded the Graduate Certificate in Herbal Medicine™.