For the Beginning A class, we use "Colloquial Finnish" by Routledge.
* Designed for both individual study and class use
* Range of simulating exercises with answer key
* grammar section for easy reference
* Finnish-English and English-Finnish glossaries
* 120 minutes of audio material (either on cassette or CDs) are also available to accompany the lessons.
Beginning A (chapters 1-3)
Topics - Basic greetings, classroom objects, basic word order, likes and preferences, objects around town, requests and commands, asking basic questions and food.
Grammar and usage - Pronunciation, vowel harmony, consonant gradation, nominative (basic) case, genitive (possesive) case, adjectives and verbs..
If you would like to discuss material covered in these levels, contact us at our Los Angeles School.
Finnish is the one of the official languages of the Republic of Finland. (Swedish is another official language.) A member of the Uralic language family, Finnish is closely related to Estonian and distantly related to Hungarian.