If you are interested in improving your English language skills, join our ESL program. Students attend 21 hours of class per week and focus on reading & writing, oral communication, integrated skills, cultural topics, and TOEFL iBT preparation. You do not need a TOEFL score to apply to this program. If you plan to attend college in the United States, English for academic purposes courses will prepare you for the American university classroom. For students pursuing English for professional reasons, advanced-level electives focus on the language skills and strategies that will help you succeed in your career.
Our mission is to create an innovative learning environment where students work collaboratively on meaningful tasks. Building academic, social, cultural and language skills, students gain the knowledge, learning strategies and confidence necessary to achieve their own goals in the classroom and beyond.
* Sessions begin four times a year in January, April, June & September
* Beginning to advanced levels
* Professional teachers & small class sizes
* Quiet, safe community
* Emphasis on English for communication, business, and academic study
* Access to campus library, computing centers, and student services
* Immigration and transfer assistance available
* Frequent TOEFL iBT testing dates
Customized Group & Individual Programs
The Monterey Institute also provides specialized programs tailored to students’ needs. Our Custom Language Services (CLS) design small group and one-one-one language instruction for diplomats, executives, and international travelers. We also offer study abroad programs for groups of 20 or more.