In six to twelve months you can learn the art of skin care and make-up application through professional techniques in a relaxed and professional environment. Day and evening sessions are available at MCC through a full-time and part-time , 750-clock hour esthetics program.
Through this program, you will earn a Certificate in Esthetics
and will be prepared to pass the State Board Exam
for licensure as required by the State of Illinois.
Since MCC has a complete day spa, your training includes classroom and hands-on learning. You will also be introduced to using the sauna, vichy shower, hydrotherapy tub, facial and body treatment rooms.
Esthetics students can also take additional coursework in science, business management, human resources, sociology, psychology, and accounting through Lincoln College – Normal.
Aspiring Estheticians are introduced to the fundamentals necessary to be a respectable professional in esthetics. Through classroom learning and hands on instruction, students will be introduced to the following topics:
Basic Training -75 hours
Scientific Concepts- 150 hours
- History of skin
- Personal hygiene and public health
- Professional ethics
- Sterilization and sanitation
- Introduction to skin analysis and skin care and facial treatments
Practices and Procedures- 500 hours
- Cells, metabolism and body systems
- Physiology and histology of the skin
- Human anatomy
- Disorders of the skin
Business Practices- 25 hours
- Non-therapeutic massage, excluding the scalp
- Nutrition and health of skin
- Skin analysis
- Cleansing the skin
- Mask therapy and facial treatments
- Facial treatments without the aid of machines
- Electricity, machines and apparatus
- Facial treatments with the aid of machines
- Hair removal
- Professional makeup techniques
- Product knowledge
- Illinois laws
- OSHA standards