Learn to become a Carpenter
— at home, at your own pace, with Penn Foster Career School. There are certain skills you need to begin a career as a Carpenter. The Penn Foster Career School distance learning Carpenter Program helps you learn about:
- Construction drawings
- Building codes and building layout
- Lumber, building materials, and fasteners
- Floor, wall, stair, and roof framing
- Finishing floors and ceilings
And you'll learn it all at home — no classroom needed! The Penn Foster Career School Carpenter distance learning program can help you acquire all the skills you need to become a professional!
Start a challenging career in the growing field of carpentry.
Why complete a distance learning Carpenter training program? With the right credentials, you can:
- Work for a contractor, or start your own business and be your own boss.
- Choose your hours and projects.
- Save money doing your own repair work.
Demand for workers with carpentry skills will increase nearly 13% through 2018.* Skilled Carpenters are in demand around the nation to work on new construction as well as remodel existing buildings. The demand for Carpenters will provide the opportunity for career independence you've been looking for!