BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- Course Type: Undergraduate.
- Career Path: Finance / Accounting
- Course Category: BSc (Hons)
- Course Duration: 3 years
- Online: No
- Campus Based: Yes
- Locations: Berlin
- Certified by: Arden University
The BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance course is ideal for anyone aiming for a career in this field. This course will provide you with essential financial and management accounting skills, as well as a strong, broad and practical knowledge of the world of finance. The overall aim of the programme is to enable students to acquire the skills relating to key inter-connected disciplines applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors. By the end of the three years, students should have developed a range of transferable skills that will assist them throughout the careers they choose.
The programme is structured across three levels and ensures that students gain a basic understanding of the world of business throughout the three years. The first year will tackle modules such as developing personal and management skills, financing accounting and cost accounting. You will also learn to develop essential decision-making skills which best support the growth of enterprise. Level 5 will teach students about increasingly important business law and key ethical issues facing businesses today. Other areas covered include the British tax system, management accounting and decision making skills. In their final year, students will learn the importance of audit, financial management and professional, statutory and current accounting issues.
- Enable students to develop professional level skills and understanding across a range of accounting related disciplines.
- Enable students to acquire the knowledge, understanding and also practical skills relating to key inter-connected disciplines applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors, at a local, national and global level.
- Promote an understanding of the key aspects of current practice and the interconnectedness of key areas within the field of accountancy.
- Equip students with the essential employability skills and tools to work ethically and professionally in a business environment and to be effective practitioners, when working independently and when collaborating with others.
- Provide an intellectually stimulating online academic environment in which students can develop confidence as independent learners and as members of an international community of learners and thereby inspire students to become lifelong learners.
Year 1 (Level 4):
• Financial Accounting
• Cost Accounting
• Developing personal and management skills
• Business Maths
• Understanding the Business Environment
• Managing Information Systems
Year 2 (Level 5):
• Business Law
• British Tax System
• Accounting and Audit Framework
• Financial Reporting
• Management Accounting
• Decision Making
Year 3 (Level 6):
• Financial Management
• Professional, Statutory and Current Accounting Issues
• Research Methods & Dissertation
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change
Upon completion of this undergraduate qualification, you will be prepared to enter a variety of business, financial and accounting roles. Candidates equipped with a solid understanding of business management as well as financial knowledge and accounting skills are highly valued to many employers.
Some roles you might consider are:
• Finance Analyst
• Financial Manager
• Actuarial Analyst
• Investment Banking
• Tax Advisor
*Possible* Course Requirements:
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- For non-standard entry requirements, please contact us
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
The German International School of Management and Administration (GISMA), was founded by former German Chancellor, Gerhard Schröder, in 1999.
GISMA was founded with the purpose of offering internationally recognised academic management education in Germany, allowing students to reap the benefits of an international education offered in a German environment. GISMA was founded with the help of the State of Lower Saxony and several large companies located in and around Lower Saxony, such as Continental, Georgsmarienhütte, Nord/LB, Siemens, TUI and Volkswagen.
Until August 2013, GISMA was operated and financed as a public/private partnership, partially by the State of Lower Saxony and partially by the sponsoring companies, with the political rationale for GISMA to retain management talent in Germany and attract international talent to study and, subsequently, work in Germany. GISMA’s founding basis - the combination of the strong German location and the international focus of the programmes - has remained the guiding principle and rationale for the school’s existence.